Empire 7s released pools and schedule for the Empire 7’s Series at SUNY Buffalo. The tournament will kick off at 1 PM this Saturday April 6th, with the 15’s Conference Champs St. Bonaventure taking on Syracuse University. This will be the first of a two part series with the second part happening next week April 13 at Rutgers University in New Jersey.
Pool A: St. Bonaventure, Syracuse, Stony Brook, Rutgers
Pool B: Buffalo, Iona, Binghamton, Buffalo State
Pool Standings Determined:
- Win = 3 Points
- Draw = 2 Points
- Loss = 1 Point
- Forfeit = 0 Point
- Ties for 2nd place in the same pool will be resolved by head-to-head, then total tries, tries conceded, and finally dropped goals.
- Any remaining 2nd place ties will be resolved by drop kick competition. 1st team to miss moves to 3rd. Details will be provided by tournament organizer at that time.
- Ties for 1st or 3rd place in the same pool will be determined by coin flip.
- Red carded players will miss the remainder of the tournament.
- All decisions of tournament organizer are final.
- Playoff ties at the end of regulation will be decided by next score wins.
1:45PM – St. Bonaventure vs Syracuse
2:05PM – Buffalo State vs Buffalo
2:25PM – Rutgers vs Stony Brook
2:45PM – Iona vs Binghamton
3:05PM – St. Bonaventure vs Rutgers
3:25PM – Buffalo State vs Iona
3:45PM – Syracuse vs Stony Brook
4:05PM – Buffalo vs Binghamton
4:25PM – St. Bonaventure vs Stony Brook
4:45PM – Buffalo State vs Binghamton
5:05PM – Syracuse vs Rutgers
5:25PM – Buffalo vs Iona
6:45PM – Bowl Semi 1 – Pool B 3rd vs Pool A 4th
7:05PM – Bowl Semi 2 – Pool A 3rd vs Pool B 4th
7:25PM – Cup Semi 1 – Pool A 1st vs Pool B 2nd
7:45PM – Cup Semi 2 – Pool B 1st vs Pool A 2nd
8:05PM – SHIELD – Bowl Semi 1 Loser vs Bowl Semi 2 Loser
8:25PM – BOWL – Bowl Semi 1 Winner vs Bowl Semi 2 Winner
8:45PM – PLATE – Cup Semi 1 Loser vs Cup Semi 2 Loser
9:05PM – CUP – Cup Semi 1 Winner vs Cup Semi 2 Winner